Delicious Holiday Recipes
Simple Whole-Wheat Bread
3 C warm water
2 (.25 oz) packages active dry yeast
1/3 C honey
5 C bread flour
3 Tbsp melted butter
1/3 C honey
1 Tbsp salt
3/12 C whole-wheat flour
2 Tbsp melted butter
In a large bowl, mix warm water, yeast, and 1/3 cup honey. Add 5 cups white bread flour, and stir to combine. Let set for 30 minutes, or until big and bubbly.
Mix in 3 tablespoons melted butter, 1/3 cup honey, and salt. Stir in 2 cups whole-wheat flour. Flour a flat surface and knead with whole-wheat flour until not real sticky - just pulling away from the counter, but still sticky to touch. This may take an additional 2 to 4 cups of whole-wheat flour. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to coat the surface of the dough. Cover with a dishtowel. Let rise in a warm place until doubled.
Punch down, and divide into 3 loaves. Place in greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans, and allow to rise until dough has topped the pans by one inch.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes; do not over bake. Lightly brush the tops of loaves with 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine when done to prevent crust from getting hard. Cool completely.
*For a healthier alternative, use unbleached bread flour.
Picture Source: http://images.media-allrecipes.com/userphotos/250x250/01/01/24/1012491.jpg
Peppermint Fantasy Fudge
3 C sugar
3/4 C butter
1 small can (5 oz) evaporated milk
1 package milk chocolate chips
1 jar (7oz) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Crème
1 tsp vanilla
1 C chopped walnuts (optional)
2-3 drops Be Young Peppermint Essential Oil
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan with butter. Bring sugar, butter, and evaporated milk to a full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 4 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees Fahrenheit, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and marshmallow crème; stir until melted. Add nuts, vanilla, and essential oil; mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan; spread to cover bottom of pan. Cool completely before serving.
Recipe makes about 40 servings
Source (w/ some added adjustments): http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/fantasy-fudge-51833.aspx
Butternut Squash Soup w/ Marjoram Essential Oil
¼ C chopped onion
2 Tbsp & 2 tsp butter
4 C peeled and cubed butternut squash
2 C water
2 ¾ cube chicken bouillon
1 drop Be Young Marjoram Essential Oil
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 (8oz) package of cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions in butter until translucent. Add squash, water, bouillon, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender until smooth. Add marjoram and mix until blended. Return to saucepan and heat through. Do not allow to boil.
Recipe makes 4 servings
Recipe Source (w/ some added adjustments): http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Butternut-Squash-Soup/Detail.aspx?evt19=1&scale=4&ismetric=0
Picture Source: http://images.media-allrecipes.com/userphotos/250x250/01/06/05/1060538.jpg